Instagram is much more than just snapping a picture on your iPhone and uploading. When we think about the businesses and people that we like and follow on Instagram, we are drawn to high-quality images which represent somewhere we have been, something we like or something we aspire to.
The following are our top three tips for Instagram:
- Imagery should flow. It should showcase the brand and style of the business.
- Content should be an even split of product, people and place.
- Instagram Stories are great to provide live messages and create a sense of urgency.
Content can look beautiful and can still have no engagement. On Facebook, content should provide valuable information and align with the target audience.
The desired response to social media content should be:
- That’s something I would do or that is exactly what I am thinking.
- I have always wondered what that meant.
- This is great, I need to tag my friend in this.
SEO increases the relevancy of content on the website to the search phrase. SEO helps organic placement in search and is not paid for. To improve SEO, content should be relevant and updated regularly.
Adwords traffic is paid traffic generated by placing money against key words and phrases. Advertisers bid on keywords for their ad to appear when customers search certain terms. SEO also assists paid advertising as the relevance and structure of your website is a factor in how much you pay for your advertisements.
Whilst Google Adwords is effective in getting noticed in search results fast, as soon as the money disappears, so do your ads. Investing in your SEO is a much more effective way to establish long term visibility in search engines.
A database is a captive audience that has already engaged with your business and wants to hear from you!
A database allows a business to:
- Re-engage the customer to increase visitation.
- Reward loyalty.
- A cost effective way to market your business. It is easier to maintain customers than it is to get new customers.