Instagram is much more than just snapping a picture on your iPhone and uploading. When we think about the businesses and people that we like and follow on Instagram, we are drawn to high-quality images which represent somewhere we have been, something we like or something we aspire to.
The following are our top three tips for Instagram:
- Imagery should flow. It should showcase the brand and style of the business.
- Content should be an even split of product, people and place.
- Instagram Stories are great to provide live messages and create a sense of urgency.
Content can look beautiful and can still have no engagement. On Facebook, content should provide valuable information and align with the target audience.
The desired response to social media content should be:
- That’s something I would do or that is exactly what I am thinking.
- I have always wondered what that meant.
- This is great, I need to tag my friend in this.
SEO increases the relevancy of content on the website to the search phrase. SEO helps organic placement in search and is not paid for. To improve SEO, content should be relevant and updated regularly.
Adwords traffic is paid traffic generated by placing money against key words and phrases. Advertisers bid on keywords for their ad to appear when customers search certain terms. SEO also assists paid advertising as the relevance and structure of your website is a factor in how much you pay for your advertisements.
Whilst Google Adwords is effective in getting noticed in search results fast, as soon as the money disappears, so do your ads. Investing in your SEO is a much more effective way to establish long term visibility in search engines.
A database is a captive audience that has already engaged with your business and wants to hear from you!
A database allows a business to:
- Re-engage the customer to increase visitation.
- Reward loyalty.
- A cost effective way to market your business. It is easier to maintain customers than it is to get new customers.
1. Practice public speaking.
You must be comfortable and confident to represent your business in any scenario. Delivering your business and elevator pitch confidently will promote and position the business in the market place.
2. Learn to say no.
When it’s time to say no, avoid phrases such as I don’t think I can or I’m not certain. Saying no to a new commitment honours your existing commitments and gives you the opportunity to successfully fulfill them
3. Start the day early.
Starting the day early gives you enough time to gather your thoughts and prioritise the tasks for the day. Whilst it is not fun being the first one in the office, the benefits far outweigh the early morning start.
4. Look at your services and products, if something is not selling then get rid of it!
You need to be flexible and have enough energy to pivot your business and focus your energy on the products and services that sell.
5. Focus on one task at a time.
Prioritise your day and work through the list. Don’t postpone anything – Do it now!
LinkedIn is a strong B2B tool to grow and communicate a business position in the market place. It can also be a powerful tool to generate new leads and business relationships.
- Provide content that is informative and that an audience will get value from reading – Industry insights, trends and statistics are a great place to start.
- Always source new connections to broaden your reach and network
- Engage with your current audiences
- Be a brand ambassador for your company- share their information from a corporate page
- Post regular updates (70% information, 20% sharing, 10% sales content)
A simple yet effective tool to monitor the traffic and effectiveness of your website is through the use of Google Analytics.
It allows you to track the marketing leads through the entire sales process. A lead generated in January could turn into a new customer in October.
To setup Google Analytics it is a simple process that your developer or agency can assist with. It allows for an automated marketing report to be sent from Google either once a week, fortnight or monthly.
Looking for somewhere to take the work team out for lunch? These are our picks for a good group lunch in Perth:
- Chimek Northbridge
- Rice Baby, Subiaco
- El Publico, Highgate
- Boubar, Nedlands
A loyalty reward program can add value to your existing customer base. It can give your customers a reason to come back to you, it rewards the customer for their loyalty and assists your brand in remaining top of mind with the consumer.
A monthly newsletter is somewhat redundant for the user as they are able to gather information on your daily activity from social media. So, for an effective EDM we recommend the use of a strong call to action.
The importance of a database to interact with your customer market is also invaluable. It provides you with an ongoing communication channel with your captive audience.
Our favourite Reward Systems that stand alone from your POS are:
– Kick Back
We all know there are not enough hours in the day! Here are three key signs that you need to stop and revive to ensure you do not burn out:
- Loss of appetite
Remember, owning your own business relies upon you – so your health is important. Take five minutes to rest and ensure you avoid a burn out!